As were getting into the two hottest months of the year in Vegas, we thought you might enjoy a few reminders on how to survive this summer heat!
- Wear light clothing colors
- Avoid too much caffeine or alcohol
- Keep the back of your neck in shade (wear a cap backwards, or raise your collar) or put a wet handkerchief on the back of the neck. The sensor for our body temperature control system is in this area, and so with this method you can make the rest of your body think that you are “cool”.
- Wear sandals or open-toed shoes without socks
- Wear loose fitting clothes that cover the skin (this only helps in dry heat like Vegas)
- Sit still in the shade (fanning yourself will make you hotter in the long run)
- Leave car windows slightly cracked
- Keep the shades and blinds of your house closed during the work day
- Eat spicy food. Although this may be the last thing you fancy in hot weather, curries and chillies can stimulate heat receptors in the mouth, enhance circulation and cause sweating, which cools the body down.
- Eat small meals and eat more often. The larger the meal, the more metabolic heat your body creates breaking down the food. Avoid foods that are high in protein, which increase metabolic heat.
- Sleep in Cotton Bedding
Whether you are looking for Tables and Cabanas or VIP Hosted Entry, Red Carpet VIP has you covered. Party VIP style at the Biggest and Best Las Vegas Nightclubs and Pool Parties. You can keep up to date with what’s happening in Las Vegas nightlife by following us on Facebook and Twitter where we send out daily updates. We also share places to visit, things to do and info on how Red Carpet VIP can help make your next trip to Vegas even better!
Give Red Carpet VIP a call today to book at 1-888-847-6483