New Year’s Eve is one of the craziest nights of the year in Las Vegas and with a large portion of the Strip being closed, it can become a nightmare for travelers trying to get around. Additionally, many of the hotels close their doors to outside guests unless you have a room key or a ticket to an event inside the casino. Please keep this in mind when traveling to the venues.
Here are the “need to knows” about road closures and fireworks for NYE courtesy of the Venetian:
- 5pm – Closing of freeway off ramps
- 5:45pm – Inbound traffic roads to Las Vegas Boulevard have soft closures set in place
- 6:15pm – Vehicles removed from Las Vegas Boulevard
- 6:30pm – Inbound roads to Las Vegas Boulevard cleared
o Hard closures in place
o Strip closed to vehicle traffic
- 8:00pm – 12:00am – Main event
- 12:00am – 12:15am -Fireworks on the strip at the following locations:
- MGM Grand
- Planet Hollywood
- Caesar’s Palace
- Treasure Island
- The Venetian
- 2:00am – Begin moving street sweepers
- 3:00am – Soft and hard closures removed, opening the streets to vehicular traffic after sweepers.
o Private drives can be opened after sweepers have passed.
Share This Post